Bradley County Secondary Schools
In order for the Bradley County Schools to provide safe and secure schools and enhance the educational focus, Bradley Central High School, established the following standards for student dress and appearance.
· All Students are expected to abide by the standardized student dress.
· Violations that are fixable will be corrected at the time the violation occurs.
· Repeated violations will results in disciplinary consequences.
· If a student arrives at school and refuses to comply with standardized dress, he/she will not be allowed to attend classes. The student will be isolated until the parent is called to bring appropriate clothing for the student.
· If a parent or guardian has a question regarding a particular item, please seek clarification from the school administration before wearing item.
· All apparel must be appropriately sized, and FREE from rips, tears,
holes, cuts, or hems that are frayed.
· Sagging, bagging, flagging, or any type of gang identification
clothing or paraphernalia is a dress violation (this includes gothic
dress). Male students will not be allowed to wear finger nail polish
or eye make-up.
· Any clothing that advertises, depicts, or displays alcoholic beverages,
tobacco products, illegal substances, profanity, sexual innuendoes,
racially/religiously inflammatory language or pictures of any kind are
· Extraneous metal studs, zippers, or cloth strips which are dangling
may pose a safety hazard and are not allowed.
· Long, large and/or heavy chains, studded or chained accessories are
prohibited, including belt and wallet chairs.
· No unnatural colored hair or visible body piercing with the exception of the ear will be allowed. No piercing jewelry of any kind that is a safety hazard may be worn. Students will be asked to remove jewelry not in compliance with this rule. Band-aid cover-ups and clear spaces-savers will not be allowed. Any hair style or COLOR that is deemed a distraction which disrupts the educational learning environment will not be allowed.
· Head wear worn by both male and female students must be removed
and put away once the student arrives at school.
· Students wearing head wear during the school day will have head
wear item(s) confiscated.
Coats and Jackets
· Coats and jackets will be addressed at each school to accommodate facility design differences.
· No trench coats will be allowed.
· All shirts must have a minimum of a three inch sleeve.
· All shirts may be solid, striped, or plaid. (No other prints are permitted.)
· Students may wear T-Shirts, if a t-shirt is worn it is to be a shirt that has a direct relationship to Bradley Central. Layering is acceptable as long as the outer wear meets the criteria and remains on throughout the day. Unacceptable items include but not limited to, shirts that acknowledge other secondary schools.
· Tops, shirts, blouses, and dresses must completely cover the abdomen, back, shoulders, and cleavage.
· Unacceptable items include (but are not limited to) items with a low neckline and see through material.
Pullovers, Vests, and Sweaters
· Hoods MAY NOT be worn over the head.
· Sweaters, vests and sweatshirts worn as outer garments in the classroom must comply with appropriate sizing and other applicable provisions previously addressed in this standardized dress. (Must be Bradley or solid sweatshirts).
· Shorts, skirts, skorts, and dresses must approach the knees.
· Items which are deemed unacceptable include (but are not limited to) stretch pants, nylon, spandex, leather, fleece, suede, velour, sweat pants, overalls, jogging pants, yoga pants, pants with large bell bottoms, parachute clothe, polyester, and cargo and pajamas and in 2013 NO “SKINNY JEANS” (skin-tight fit).
· Bottom wear must be worn securely around the waist with a belt.
· Slits in bottom wear must not extend more than three inches from the hem.
IN MATTERS OF OPINION, THE JUDGEMENT OF THE ADMINISTRATION WILL PREVAIL.
DRESS CODE VIOLATIONS
· 1st Offense - Allow the student to correct the problem, if need be the student may call phone for a change in clothes.
· 2nd Offense - Level 2 Punishment of detention, writing assignment, in school suspension.
· 3rd Offense - Dress Code contract and double discipline.
· 4th Offense - Suspension
Hats and jewelry from body piercing will be treated as dress code violations with the above enforcement. Hats and jewelry will be taken from the student and kept in the office. First violation will allow the student to retrieve the item at the end of the day.